Our Mission: a healthy, active community
Our Healthcare Priorities
The St. Marys Healthcare Foundation raises both funds and community awareness for the immediate needs and long-term goals of the St. Marys Memorial Hospital, Tradition Mutual Centre for Wellness, and other local organizations and projects that encourage healthy and active lifestyles.
Since 1992, the Foundation has established volunteer-driven campaigns – including fundraisers like Someone I Know, the River Road Run, and annual Golf Tournament – to support high-quality rural healthcare and community activities that promote physical and mental health.
Your donations continue to support a range of local projects and initiatives:
- Here For You Today, Building For Tomorrow hospital rebuild project that will commence summer 2022.
- The construction of the Tradition Mutual Centre for Wellness was completed in 2003 – described as a “model of Primary Health Care” – combining state-of-the-art medical facilities and a YMCA Fitness centre. It is a draw to recruit and retain healthcare professionals for our town.
- The expansion of the Tradition Mutual Centre for Wellness in 2018/2019 will provide $2.9 million in updates, a second storey addition, 7,433 square foot expansion, and will create additional space for the Happy Valley Family Health Team as well as a teaching space for medical residents
- The Foundation also pledged support for the Pyramid Recreation Centre to encourage healthy activity for people of all ages.
- The Foundation raised over $5 million for technology, infrastructure and equipment to update our hospital and revitalize our Wellness Centre in order to meet the growing needs of our patient area and growing range of services.
The Foundation is proud to support the efforts of the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance.